Dawg Daze of Summer 2022
July 29, 2022
Peoples Trust Company
Dawg Daze of Sumer Photo Contest 2022
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST OR CLAIM THE PRIZE
- Contest: Submit your favorite photo of your dog this summer. Photos will be submitted via Facebook Messenger*. Photo with the most ‘votes’ wins the prize. The prize will be a $100 gift card to the St. Albans Co-op. Votes are defined by the total number of Facebook “Likes, Loves, Care, Laugh, Surprised, Sad, and Angry emoji’s AND total number of comments.”
- How to Enter: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET on August 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 31, 2022 (“Contest Period”). To enter, visit the Peoples Trust Company, (referred to as PTC from this point forward in this document) Facebook page and submit your photo via Facebook Messenger (see alternate form of entry below section 2-k. Entries that meet the following requirements will be posted by PTC, at PTC's discretion, on its Facebook and Instagram page, where voting will take place:
- Entrant must be the person who took, and has full rights to, the photo.
- Entrant has the full written consent from all persons or copyright owners of other works (such as paintings and statutes) appearing in the photo for full use of the photo, including, but not limited to, use and publishing in this Contest and the other uses stated herein.
- Minor digital enhancement for cropping, red-eye removal, filters and corrections functions are permitted, but images that PTC, in its sole discretion, determines to be significantly altered will be disqualified.
- Photo must feature at least one dog.
- Pet safety must at all times be considered. For example, PTC will not accept photos of dogs in unsafe conditions.
- Borders or frames are not permitted around the image and a watermark, signature, date or copyright notice are not permitted on the image.
- Only one photo may be entered per household during the Contest Period.
- Entrant's photo will be posted on Facebook and will be identified only by the name of the dog and the owner, if provided. Photos must adhere to the Facebook Promotion Guidelines.
- Only one prize may be won by any entrant.
- Odds of winning depends on the total number of eligible entries received
- *Alternate form of entry. Mail or hand deliver your photo to Peoples Trust Company c/o Sharlene Larrow 25 Kingman Street, St. Albans VT 05478
Photos that (a) contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by PTC in its sole discretion, (b) violate or infringe upon another person's rights, will not be considered.
- Contest is open to U.S. residents of legal age in the jurisdiction in which they reside. Employees (and their immediate family members) of PTC are not eligible to enter.
- Winner retains winner's rights to the winning photo but must sign a Release acknowledging the Rules, affirming eligibility and granting PTC, perpetual non-exclusive license to print, display, distribute, reproduce, adapt and/or modify the photo in any way and create derivative works of the photo, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any PTC purpose, including but not limited to, promotion of PTC’s social media content, use on PTC’s web sites, exhibition, use in any media and commercial products.
- Winner Selection: Within 10 days after the end of the Contest Period a winner will be selected from entries received. The winner will be determined by popular vote. Winning by popular vote means the photo with the most number of reactions (like, love, laugh, surprised, sad, angry) received on Facebook. All reactions, whether positive or negative, will be counted. In the event of a tie in the popular vote, a panel of judges chosen by PTC from its employees will choose the winner based on the following criteria: Opinion. We like it best. The decisions of the judges are final. The winner will be notified by PTC, via Facebook Messenger, approximately 10 days after the end of the Contest Period. Winning photo will be displayed on PTC social media channels.
The winner will be required to execute and return (and winning is conditioned upon a winner executing and returning) to PTC, within ten (10) business days an a signed PTC Publicity Release Form, signed prize release form, signed W9 form, and executed consents of each person appearing in the winning photo or, if a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian.
- Prizes: The winner's photo will be featured on PTCVT.com webpage and social media accounts. In addition, the prize will be a $100 gift card to the St. Albans Co-op.. The winning dog may also participate in the winning ceremony and photo shoot at PTC’s Franklin Park West St. Albans, VT branch location, for additional photos for social media.
- Facebook Disclaimer: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, and by entering this Contest, entrant acknowledges that Facebook is not liable for anything related to the conduct or administration of this Contest.
- General Rules: Each entrant agrees to hold harmless and release PTC from any injuries, losses or damages of any kind that may result from taking a photo intended to be submitted and from and against all claims of any nature arising from or in connection with entrant's participation in the contest and acceptance, use, misuse or non-use of the prize. PTC is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of entries. PTC retains the right not to award the prize should no acceptable photos be received. PTC reserves the right to cancel or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof) if fraud, misconduct or technical failures, including computer virus, bug, or other technical problems, destroy or threaten to destroy the integrity of the Contest.
- Any damage made to the social media platforms will also be the responsibility of the authorized account holder at the time of entry. Any attempt by an individual to damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. PTC reserves the right to seek damages from and to prosecute any such individual to the full extent of the law.
- Upon a finding of non-compliance with these Official Rules or the return of a prize as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner selected by the PTC judges.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. It is void where prohibited by law. Winner is responsible for any tax due on winning amount.
- Entrants who participate in this Contest hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless PTC and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, licensors, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action of any kind whatsoever that may arise from their participation in this promotion and/or their acceptance, possession, use, misuse or non-use of the prize.
Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. PTC reserves the right to cancel the Contest or modify the Rules at its discretion.