New Digital Banking begins Nov. 9
November 16, 2021
Please prepare for the new digital banking is here!
Action to Take
- You will need to Download Account Transaction activity from January – June 8th, 2021 by November 8th if you need this data. Account transaction activity for this time period will NOT be available in the new online Banking.
- Configuration of your new user credentials are outlined below in FAQs
- New mobile app will be needed and is outlined below in FAQs
- Popmoney will not be available after November 4th.
- Transfers you created in online banking will continue as is. We will reach out to you after November 9th, to assist you in managing these in the new digital banking.
- eAlerts for balance & transaction activity will be sent once per day.
- Account Nicknames may need to be updated by you in the new digital banking platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the digital banking experience changing?
We have upgraded to a new digital banking provider so we can provide a more powerful and personalized experience with innovative new features and tools.
When will the change take place?
We are currently working on the upgrade, and the new functionality will be live on November 9th, 2021. Access to Peoples Trust Company Digital Banking should have little to no interruption during the conversion.
What is different about the new digital banking solution?
The new digital banking solution will include several enhancements and new features, including:
- A seamless, personalized banking experience
- Quicker access to key features, making it easier to find the information and tools you need
- Financial wellness tools to help you set goals, manage budgets and more
- New Debit Card rewards
- The ability to securely communicate with a banker via live chat
- A robust mobile app allowing you to deposit checks, manage receipts and more
- The ability to make transfers and pay loans from an external account
Additionally, we will be offering Zelle for easy person-to-person payments shortly after we go live.
Will I be able to view recent transactions, pay bills and set reminders with the new system?
Yes. The new navigation and screen flows will provide a more user-friendly experience making it easier than ever to find the information and tools you need to manage your money.
Will I have to update my mobile app?
Yes. Once the upgrade is complete, you will be prompted to download the new app upon launching your existing app. You can also go to the App Store or Google Play and search ‘Peoples Trust Company’ to download the new app.
Links to the app's below:
Consumer Mobile: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/peoples-trust-company/id1573631289
Why am I not receiving important information, such as scheduled upgrade dates or action I should take?
We may have outdated contact information for you on file. Please contact us at 802-524-2196 to confirm and/or update your contact information with us, including email address. See also, How can I update my information in digital banking?
How can I update my information in digital banking?
Log into www.ptcvt.com personal online banking and select ‘Profile’ from the upper right menu. You can view and update your email address, and view your phone number. To update or make changes to your phone number, contact our Call Center at 802-524-2196.
Do I need to re-enroll in Peoples Trust Company’s Digital Banking?
You do not need to re-enroll in Peoples Trust Company’s Digital Banking; however, there are some steps you will need to take to access your accounts. See also, How do I log in to the new system for the first time?
How do I log in to the new system for the first time?
There are a few steps you will need to take to access your accounts for the first time.
Step 1: When you log in for the first time, enter the same username you are currently using. For password information, please refer to the letter you received during the last week of September. You may also contact our Call Center for your password.
Step 2: Review and agree to the new terms and conditions.
Step 3: Create a new password. (See requirements below.)
- Must be between eight and 32 characters
- Must contain at least two:
- Uppercase Letters
- Lowercase Letters
- Must contain at least one special character
- Cannot contain any spaces
- Cannot contain the username
- Passwords are case sensitive
- Passwords do not expire
Step 4: Select your phone number or email to receive a one-time verification passcode.
Step 5: Enter your one-time verification passcode. You will then have the option to register your computer and browser, allowing you to skip the one-time verification process on that device.
Can I set up additional security options for digital banking?
Absolutely! We recommend that you set this up on your first login on 11/9. Simply click on “My Settings > Login & Security > Security Options” and set up additional available multi-factor authentication options including adding cell phone, enable cell for text, enable email and set up VIP soft token, if applicable.
How do I view my statements?
If you have already enrolled in online statements, once you log in to the new system, you will be able to easily access past and current statements from the navigation. If you have not yet enrolled in online statements, you can do so by selecting eStatements from our navigation menu and selecting ‘Enable Accounts’.
Will bill pay information be converted to the new system?
All bill pay information, including payees and recent payment history, will convert to the new system. You will not need to re-enter your information. However, payments you make to individuals through PopMoney will not be available after we upgrade to the new system. Please refer to ‘What important changes do I need to know’ for more information.
For added peace of mind, you may want to print a list of your payees, including payment amounts and due dates, so you can easily verify them in the new system.
How do I add an authorized user to my account?
To add an authorized user, navigate to “Share Account Access” located under Additional Services Tab. Complete the Share Account Access information with the name, phone number and email address of the individual you want to share access with, the accounts and what access rights the authorized user should have. The authorized user will be granted access once they complete the authentication process and agree to the terms and conditions. You may remove an authorized user’s access at any time by navigating to Share Account Access, locating the authorized user and clicking on remove access.
What important changes do I need to know? Is there action I need to take?
Here are some important changes you should be aware of:
- Multiple User Names and sign-on information will be discontinued. If you have multiple user IDs to view different accounts, you will now have access to all personal accounts that you are an owner or signer on, in one user ID. To find out which username to use, please call us at (802) 524-2196.
- There will be a change in e-Alerts. Account alerts (Balance inquiry, low balance, etc) will only go out once per day, while security alerts (change of email, etc) will continue to go out in real time.
- Transfers that were created by you in our current online banking will continue as is, but you will not be able to manage them in online banking. We will reach out to you directly after the conversion to help you manage those going forward.
- In the new platform, only transactions that occurred from June 9, 2021 and forward will be available. If you regularly download transactions, we recommend downloading any transactions that occurred prior to June 9th before November 8th. The current online banking will no longer be available on November 9th. However, eStatements will continue to be available with no interruptions.
- If you are a regular user of person to person transfers, that service will be temporarily unavailable beginning November 9th, while we implement Zelle, which will pay your contacts much faster and easier.
- If you had account nicknames that are not showing, you will need to add those again in the new online banking. You need only add them once and they will be there going forward.
- It’s important that we have your updated contact information on file. Please verify your email and phone information in the profile section of our current online banking. More detailed information is posted at ptcvt.com under “What’s Happening?” As always, if you have any questions or concerns about any of our banking products and services, please contact our Call Center at 802-524-2196.