Peoples Trust Company is looking for a Loan Processor at our Main Office in Saint Albans. The position has two levels: Loan Processor I processes residential loans only and Loan Processor II processes residential, commercial, and consumer loans. The position level will be assigned based on the candidate’s previous experience. Loan Processors perform the administrative tasks related to loan origination and application submission, including providing loan officers and underwriters with borrower data, inputting application information into automated underwriting systems, calculating debt-to-income and loan-to-value ratios, verifying borrower information through third-party resources, and the handling all third party and customer communications from time of submission to closing.
Sample duties include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates and maintains competency with lending regulatory compliance and loan operating systems.
- Processes and reviews loan applications for accuracy and ensures that loan specifics meet investor guidelines and PTC product guidelines (as applicable).
- Prepares early disclosures
- Orders documents from third parties (flood determination, appraisals, credit reports, mortgage insurance certificates, title reports, loan payoff statements, etc.).
- Acts as liaison between customers, realtors, attorneys, appraisers, third parties, underwriting, and the lender/originator to ensure a successful loan closing.
- Prepares loan files for closing
Requirements: 1-2 years of loan operations/processing/lending experience is required. Experience with Ellie Mae Encompass and government lending programs such as VA, FHA, and USDA is preferred.
Advanced working knowledge of compliance Banking/Lending regulations and investor guidelines. Must be able to meet Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Regulation Z requirements.
Qualified candidates may forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Peoples Trust Company
c/o Human Resources
P.O. Box 320
St. Albans, Vt. 05478
or <jobs at ptcvt dot com>