If you have the mobile banking app on a smartphone, you are automatically enrolled for mobile deposits. Simply choose ‘Deposits’ from the menu bar when logged into mobile banking.
For business accounts, there is a charge for each mobile deposit you make. There is no charge for consumer accounts. Fees are subject to change at any time. Please refer to the Mobile Deposit Service Agreement within the Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions for fee information.
You may deposit most checks that are payable to you, into your account. There are certain checks that will not be accepted through mobile deposit, and if deposited, your deposit may be rejected. The following checks should be deposited at a branch location where a teller can review the items:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account that the check is being deposited into
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks previously converted to a substitute checks, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution outside the United States.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks that are remotely created checks, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this agreement.
- Checks payable on sight or payable through Drafts, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through the Service or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution.
- Checks or items that drawn or otherwise issued by the US Treasury Department
We will need the following information on the back of the check you deposit, in order for it to be successfully processed and accepted:
- The words ‘For Mobile Deposit’
- Bank Name (PTC or Peoples Trust Company)
- Customer Signature
To ensure the deposit is accepted and there are no issues with the item, you should make a note on the back of the check that it has been deposited, then retain the check in a secure location for 30 days. After 30 days, you should destroy the check (shredding is the most secure method).
Yes, there are mobile deposit limits. You may make a deposit of a single item up to $1,500, and multiple daily deposits totaling up to $2,500.
Yes; in order to ensure you receive credit on the same business day you make the deposit, the deposit must be made by 3 PM. Any deposit made after 3 PM will be credited on the following business day. If a deposit is made on a holiday or weekend, the deposit will be credited the following business day.
Your deposit status will be pending until the close of business. If the deposit is accepted, it will be credited during our processing and you will see the deposit as posted at the end of the business day. The pending deposit will not show in your account.
You can check the status of your deposits at any time by going to your mobile app and the Deposits menu. Click on ‘Check Deposit History’. Here you will be able to see the status of your recent mobile deposits.
Although there is not an automatic notification for your deposit status, Peoples Trust Company will contact you by email if a deposit is not accepted, for your awareness. You can also check your deposit status at any time by going into your mobile app, selecting 'Deposits', and 'Check Deposit History'.