Fixed HELOC Disclosure
IMPORTANT TERMS OF OUR ‘FIXED RATE’
HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT
This disclosure contains important information about our 10/10 Fixed Rate home equity line of credit (“HELOC”). You should read it carefully and keep a copy for your records.
Availability of Terms: All of the terms described below are subject to change.
If these terms change (other than the annual percentage rate) and you decide as a result, not to enter into an agreement with us, you are entitled to a refund of any fees you paid to us or anyone else in connection with your application.
Security Interest: We will take a mortgage on your home. You could lose your home if you do not meet the obligations in your agreement with us.
Possible Actions: We can terminate your HELOC and require you to pay us the entire outstanding balance in one payment if:
• You engage in fraud or material misrepresentation in connection with the HELOC.
• You do not meet the repayment terms.
• Your action or inaction adversely affects the collateral or our rights in the collateral.
We can refuse to make additional extensions of credit or reduce your credit limit, if:
• The value of the dwelling securing the line declines significantly below its appraised value for purposes of the HELOC.
• We reasonably believe you will not be able to meet the repayment requirements due to a material change in your financial circumstances.
• You are in default of a material obligation in the agreement.
• Government action prevents us from imposing the annual percentage rate provided for or impairs the priority of our security interest such that the value of the interest is less than 120 percent of your credit limit under the HELOC.
• The maximum annual percentage rate is reached.
• The initial Agreement permits us to make changes to the terms of the Agreement at specified times or upon the occurrence specified events.
• A regulatory agency has notified us that continued advances would constitute an unsafe and unsound practice.
Minimum Payment Requirements: You can obtain advances of credit (the "Draw Period") for 120 months. During the Draw Period, payments will be due monthly. Your minimum monthly periodic payment during the Draw Period will be equal to the greater of the accrued interest as of the closing date of each billing statement or $10.00, unless your unpaid principal balance is less than the latter amount, in which case your minimum payment will be that amount. The minimum payment during the Draw Period will not reduce the principal that is outstanding on your HELOC.
After the Draw Period ends, you will no longer be able to obtain credit advances and must repay the outstanding balance (the "repayment period") over 120 months (the "Repayment Period"). During the Repayment Period payments will be due monthly. Your minimum monthly payment during the Repayment Period will be determined based on the outstanding balance on your HELOC at the beginning of the repayment period and using the interest rate in effect at the beginning of the Repayment Period to calculate equal monthly payments that will fully amortize your HELOC account.
Minimum Payment Example: If you made only the minimum payments and took no other credit advances, it would take 20 years to pay off a credit advance of $10,000 at the ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE of 4.75%. During the Draw Period, you would make 120 payments of $39.58. During the repayment period you would make 120 monthly payments of $104.85.
Fees and Charges: To open and maintain a HELOC account, you must carry insurance on the property securing the HELOC.
You may also be required to pay certain fees to third parties to open a HELOC. These fees generally total between $0.00 to $750. If you ask, we will give you an itemization of the fees you will have to pay to third parties.
If you tell us you have decided not to enter into the HELOC Account within three business days of receiving this Disclosure and the brochure “When Your Home Is On The Line: What You Should Know About Home Equity Lines of Credit” in person, or within 6 business days after the day we mail them to you, as the case might be, any fees or charges you might have already paid will be refunded.
Minimum Draw Requirement: The minimum credit advance that you can receive at any one time is $250.00.
Tax Deductibility: You should consult a tax advisor regarding the deductibility of interest and charges for the HELOC.
Other Products: If you ask, we will provide you with information on our other available home equity products.
Fixed Rate Feature: The HELOC has a fixed annual percentage rate. An ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE of 4.75% has recently been imposed under this product. The annual percentage rate includes only interest and no other costs.
Additional Provisions: Your payment amount will be rounded up to the nearest dollar amount on your monthly billing statement.
Home Equity Disclosure, Fixed Rate rev. 08/2015, Rev. 02/16/16, Rev 03/16/16, Rev. 05/16/18, Rev. 062018, Rev 062019, Rev 062620, Rev 062921